Dear Kiran Ji,

Today in the morning when I saw your reply I got bit arried waay and replied
you back that this mushroom is *Clavulinopsis laeticolor *but while in the
afternoon I was taking a nap suddenly it struck my brain that this can never
be the mushroom you are referring to !!

*Clavulinopsis** *is a genus which is known to have cylindrical body nither
do Dinesh Ji’s mushroom nor yours have this character. Kindly see the image
from the link below for the photo.

*Photo: **http://www.mykoweb.com/CAF/species/Clavulinopsis_laeticolor.html*

* *

*Dacryopinax spathularia** *which I suggested earlier has a flat ligulate
basidiocarp a character which match with the mushroom both of you have
posted kindly see the photo from the link below.

Photo: http://mushroomobserver.org/name/show_name?_js=on&_new=true&id=4205

Rest decision is yours and Dinesh Ji’s , hope you will comply with the
morphology of both the genera.

Regards

Tanay

* *