Muthu ji ... the fruit in your photo looks very similar to what has been
posted in this thread.
Thus, the ID would most probably resolve to *Tamilnadia uliginosa*

Was under the impression that *T. uliginosa* is a large shrub, much
branched, with rough knotty appearance, with thorns.
Here, the plant has a clear trunk, about a foot in diameter, and looks to be
an elegant small / medium-sized tree. Did not notice thorns.
Therefore must get to flowers of this plant later to support the ID.

Many thanks once again to you Muthu ji and Shrikant ji.

Regards.