Rasna is the correct name for Pluchea lanceolata and is published in The
Ayurvedic Pharmacopoea of India, Vol.III which is a legal document of Ministry
of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India. I agree with Dr. Pankaj that the
same name is used for Vanda tesellata in various literature but don't agree
with his statement "big mistake". It can be observed in many cases that same
plant is known locally by different names and vice versa. Hope this will clear
the matter.
Dinesh

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:54:54 +0530  wrote
>The information presented here is a big mistake. The link provided are

kind of misleading.

Rasna in ayurveda is a common orchid, Vanda tessellata and not this plant.

Regards

Pankaj

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Dr Pankaj Kumar  wrote:

> [...]

Dinesh Kumar Agrawala
Research Officer (Botany)
Central Council for Research in Ayurveda and Siddha
Jawaharlal Nehru Bhartiya Chikitsa Avum Homeopathy Anusandhan Bhawan
61-65, Institutional Area
Opposite D-Block, Janakpuri
New Delhi - 110 058
Mobile: +91 9560570745