---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: surajit koley <surajitnotavaila...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 at 19:32
Subject: Re: [itpmods:15660] Fwd: [efloraofindia:389502] uttarakhand uid 1
21012012
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>

Sir ji, I don't know yet what could be the id of this species.

As per Flora of British India (also FoC) :-
(1) *Conyza* belongs to ASTERAE tribe : where disc florets are yellow
(rarely white)
(2) *Blumea* belongs to INULEAE tribe : where disc florets can be yellow,
purplish, or reddish.

I am just beginning to learn asteraceae.

The leaves, here, are clearly lanceolate, the stem is woody, leaves have
prominent whitish midribs, inflorescence subtended by cauline leaves.
Phyllaries, mostly, are rather lanceolate than linear.

I am inclined to *Eschenbachia leucantha*, based on observations at -

   1.

http://www.canbr.gov.au/cpbr/cd-keys/RFK7/key/RFK7/Media/Html/entities/Eschenbachia_leucantha.htm
   2. KEW -
   http://powo.science.kew.org/taxon/urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:77117977-1
   3. GBIF specimen from India - https://www.gbif.org/occurrence/2517073874
   4. High resolution GBIF from unknown location -
   https://www.gbif.org/occurrence/1936483432
   5. do - https://www.gbif.org/occurrence/1936483418

But, as I said I am only beginning to learn, I am open to any suggestion.

Thank you
With regards
surajit koley

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAMV_mc0-codAgBmUkF19KcjzSLykVf-iFL%3D6XB7Pp6CPtZYmTQ%40mail.gmail.com