Thanks Tabish ji
You are right. Happy that identity of Aarti's plant is resolved. Let us now
devote some attention to Delhi Campsis now posted today by me, posted by
Balkar ji (as C. grandiflora???? and identified by us as C. radicans) and
also on FOI as C. radicans:

http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/dba2d52c41bfd42c/ab4f66dfccafd008?lnk=gst&q=Campsis#ab4f66dfccafd008

http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Trumpet%20Creeper.html

<http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Trumpet%20Creeper.html>I am
tempted to believe (shorter corolla tube, broader corolla limb, calyx parted
nearly up to middle, flower bud with gradually narrowed tip) that this may
be smaller flowered cultivar of C. grandiflora. In C. radicans which I
uploaded from Kashmir, the corolla tube is much longer (6-8 cm long),
corolla limb narrower (scarcely more than 3.5 cm across), calyx tube tube
parted less than 1/3, and flower buds are broadest towards top with short
mucro.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/