Hi,

To understand what effect invasive plants on the local community, I
think, one has to know what was/is the community organisations of
plants existing in our natural habitats. Now people are looking at the
similar habitats or places nearby. But imagine things such as climate
change might have influence on the whole system/community.

We have a habit of starting research works when some visual influence
on the community (defined/undefined?) is seen just as that of climate
change as the hot topic now. No body can say what was the scenario in
a specific area prior to such changes.

When we would have a solid data on the community organisation of flora
or fauna in natural habitats?
Taxonomic works on plants are not going beyond the systematics of
plants.
When will we study the ecology, distribution, reproductive biology and
threats of each species/population/community?
Why no PhD problems are coming up with utmost seriousness with respect
to the real scenarios in the field other than very few serious works
from here and there out of thousands produced every year?

Without knowing the community structure/organisation/species
composition of any natural habitat, how can we say that 'something' is
the result of invasion or climate change?

Dear Marianne, I would suggest Mr. Bharath Sundaram, who works on
Lantana invasion in BRT sanctuary in Karnataka as his PhD thesis
problem, for further queries. You can contact him at
<bhar...@atree.org>

Regards,
Giby