Thanks Tabish ji for your critical observation. What attracted me to this
plant was unusually large flowers with tepals 7-10 cm long. THe only species
I can think of with erect-spreading (not recurved at tip) and linear
scattered leaves was this one only. Agreed that flowers are usually spotted,
but as Bailey writes " scarcely to much spotted". Let us see if there is any
other alternative: Here is something to support my conclusion:

http://www.kalle-k.dk/Lilium%20maculatum.JPG

http://korin518.blog.so-net.ne.jp/archive/c2300164413-1

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089