Dear Tapas Sir,

I cannot take any credit for guessing the generic identity of this species
as I had also received the same image from the same source some time back,
who had told me that you have tentatively identified this as Drypetes
elliptica. I had not realised that it was you who had posted the image on
the group to get an opinion from the larger community.

I however agree with you, I do not think it is Drypetes elliptica as the
leaves dont quite match with the herbarium specimen at Kew.

I hope that we get to the bottom of this someday, since it is likely to
turn out to be a new record for India if not a new taxon.

Regards
Navendu

On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 at 02:31, Tapas Chakrabarty <tchak...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Navendu ji,
> I believe your sharp eye detected this plant at generic level although
> such flattened fruits are very unusual in *Drypetes*! Could these be the
> hitherto unknown fruits of *Drypetes elliptica *(Hook.f.) Pax & K.Hoffm.
> described on the basis of male flowering material from Myanmar? Else this
> could be a new species as well! I have told the collector to try to
> collect the flowers which are required in arriving at a definite conclusion.
> Thank you so much.
> Kind regards,
> Tapas.
>
> On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 10:15 PM navendu page <navendu.p...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This could be a species of Drypetes
>>
>> Navendu
>>
>> On Sun, 23 Jan 2022 at 20:45, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Forwarding again for Id assistance please.
>>>
>>> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>>> Combretaceae ??
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Saroj Kasaju