Yes Dinesh ji. The seeds from the plant are highly poisonous and often
employed in homicidal purposes (this my book from CSIR writes). Leaves and
flowering tops constitute drug stramonium (hyoscyamine the active principle)
used as narcotic, antispasmodic and anodyne. Chief ingredient of Kanaka
Asva.

Local names
English: Jimson weed, Stink weed, Mad apple, Thorn apple, Stramonium
Hindi, Beng. Guj.& Mah: Dhatura
Tel., Tam., Kan., & Mal: Ummatta
Sans: Dhatturra, Unmatta, Kanaka, Shivapriya
: