Dear Garg ji,
Thanks  for the very useful link but if the reason that genus and species
names are  italicized is that they do not belong to the English language
then the family names or order names e.g. Asterales should also be
italicized as they too are Latin words. Perhaps best to take it as an
internationally accepted convention rather than search for a grammatical
basis for the same.
With sincere regards
Taffazull