Garg ji and Tabish ji
The specimens placed under A. vulgaris in Flora of British India as
indicated in BSI Flora also now belong to at least two different species:
A. dubia with much less divided leaves middle mostly 5-partite, upper most
mostly 3-partite; A. indica with much more divided leaves middle
1-2-pinnatipartite with usually 3-4 pairs of segments with larger distal
lobe, uppermost leaves pinnatipartite. Also A. indica is a lower altitude
species rarely ascending above 3000 m, whereas A. dubia extends to higher
altitudes 2500 - 4500 m altitudes.
To me my Pahalgam plant is Artemisia dubia, whereas Kashmir University
plant is A. indica.I will now post them separately also.