Please note that for more than 100 years the Kashmir Bredmushk was known as
S. caprea L. It was only Stewart in 1972 who ponted out that plant known as
S. caprea by Flora of British India as also Forest Flora of Punjab 1956 was
actually S. aegyptiaca L. Flora of Pakistan which usually lists all plants
from Kashmir does not list S. caprea.
This should help to confirm whether or not both occur in Kahmir.
  S. aegyptiaca (S. medemii) — Egyptian willow A willow originating from
West Asia and widely cultivated. (Plants from Egypt, after which the
species was named, represent cultivated material.) Due to tree habit and
broad hairy leaves, S. aegyptiaca resembles the European goat willow S.
caprea; however, unlike S. caprea, it is easily propagated from cuttings
and thus has been favored for cultivation (Skvortsov 1999: 178). According
to Rehder (1954), it has been in cultivation in the United States since
1888 (under the name S. medemii). As its naturalization is not yet
positively demonstrated, for the time being we prefer to treat any findings
as waifs. All examined herbarium samples that we could confidently identify
as S. aegyptiaca as well as living plants found in Berkshire County might
represent planted willows. Plants found in natural settings, deviating from
S. atrocinerea or S. cinerea by somewhat bluish foliage, more densely
pubescent leaves, and buds without recurved beak may belong to this species.
Another help in ID, wood under the bark is striated in S. aegyptiaca,
smooth in S. caprea.