Thanks a lot, Chris ji

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Chris Fraser-Jenkins <chrisopte...@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 at 13:35
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:445762] Fwd: Flora of Uttarakhand- Fern2 for
Id- JM
To: J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com>

Yes, sterile fronds of Osmunda claytoniana subsp. vestita, which is of
course not a distinct species (only the wool colour is different from the
N. American subsp. claytoniana).  Forget POWO based on Christenhusz'
erroneous ideas!  O. pilosa Wall. ex Grev. & Hook. is a synonym of subsp.
vestita.   Such folk only know two ranks, genus and species and did not
understand the genera and species at all, but it got stuck into POWO.

Incidentally, there is no Osmunda regalis in Kashmir, nor did I suggest
so.  O. regalis is an entirely different species not present in India,
where it is represented by O. japonica.  Please see in my Annotated
Checklist Indian Pteridophytes vol. 1.  That group is nothing to do with O.
claytoniana.

Best wishes,
    Chris Fraser Jenkins.

On Friday, 14 April 2023 at 07:44:01 BST, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com>