Thanks dear Mahadeswara ji, for the kind words.
When I saw the plant at site, I looked at the texture of stem quite a few
times, and it seemed matching that of Memecylon !!!
Many many thanks to Radha - she pointed out the error in iNaturalist, and I
see she has pointed it out here too, which I realized only when I looked
through our group posts on web.
Regards.
Dinesh