Dear Aparna,
 It is nice to hear passionately from you on the laterite palteau in the
Konkan region. One of my tangential interests in this theme  is because I
was forwarded a EIA report undertaken in the event of the Jaitapur Nuclear
Power Project which outright dismisses the flora and fauna as not
significant enough to worry about. ( I do not recollect the exact words,
though).

So, while I was not able to visit Jaitapur, I had this sneaky feeling while
passing through Chiplun towards Ganpatipule, that area (Jaitapur) may not
flaunt much less biodiversity or cannot be of no concern for us, as the EIA
done by the Dhapoli college 'experts' wants us to assume!

MC Arunan