I agree, but arrangement of leaves on the stem of the Potamogeton genus is
typically alternate, meaning that each leaf is positioned at a different
point along the stem, rather than directly across from each other. This
alternate arrangement allows for efficient light capture and minimizes
shading between leaves. This one has whorls of leaves.

Next, Potamegeton has floating leaves, and is an obligate aquatic plant,
which cannot live on dry land.

I  believe, it is not potamegeton but an amphibious aquatic plant.

Thanks