Dear Lalithamba ji and Mandru ji,
I found a Telugu name "malli dumpa" for the tuber of *Peristylus lawii*
Wight
*Reference*: Kandagatla, Ramesh & Ragan, Ajmeera & Suthari, Sateesh & Raju,
Vatsavaya. (2018). PERISTYLUS LAWII (ORCHIDACEAE): A NEW RECORD FOR
TELANGANA STATE, INDIA.
<https://www.researchgate.net/publication/326147009_PERISTYLUS_LAWII_ORCHIDACEAE_A_NEW_RECORD_FOR_TELANGANA_STATE_INDIA>
41.

I am familiar with the word దుంప dumpa for tuber, typically an edible tuber.
But I am not sure about malli ... would it be మల్లి ... or ... మళ్ళీ ?

Regards.
Dinesh