Ok, Karuna ji

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: 'kd_...@rediffmail.com' via eFloraofIndia <
indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 at 19:42
Subject: Re: Fwd: [efloraofindia:463510] Pandanus sp. (?) from Kamrup
district, Assam
To: eFloraofIndia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>

Dear All
I want to inform you the latest data available  on

*Occurrence of Species Under Pandanaceae in Assam*

          According to '*Flowering plants of India –An Annotated Checklist
(Monocotyledon)',* BSI *[Mao and Dash 2020]*the distribution of species
under family Pandanaceae in Assam are *Pandanus assamensis, P. diversus, P.
furcatus, P. martinianus, P. unguifer.* On the other hand *Assam’s
flora* (*Chowdury
2005*),* ‘Plant Diversity of Assam – A Checklist of Angiosperm and
Gymnosperms*’ (*Barooah and Ahmed, 2014*)and ‘*Plantes Assam- Current
Taxonomic Version of the Vascular Plants of Assam* (*Chowdhury,2021*)
includes two species of  *Benstonea foetida*(= *Pandanus foetidus)*, *Benstonea
humilis *and * other spp. of Pandanus viz P. furcatus, P. humilis, P.
tectorius, P. unguifer, P.amaryllifolius and Pandanus odorifer * in Assam
under Familly Pandanaceae.

                        Sir, I had collected this specimen in the year 2012
(twelve years back). The leaf of specimen shown in the images has spine in
one margin not on both margin. But in *Benstonea thwatsii or Benstonea
foetida *both margin of the leaf possess spine. If I could get the fruits
of this specimen from the site I will definitely upload it.

With regards

Karuna Kanta Das