---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: 'suganya m d' via eFloraofIndia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 at 14:50
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:464348] Coining Tamil name for Peristylus lawii
Wight
To: indiantreepix@googlegroups.com <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>

Dera sir
i may be referred as ambupoo  அம்பு  பூ

From: Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:11:25
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>
Cc: Vijayasankar Raman <vijay.botan...@gmail.com>
Subject: [efloraofindia:463577] Coining Tamil name for Peristylus lawii
Wight

Dear Vijayasankar ji,

Please help me in coining the name for *Peristylus lawii* Wight

I am thinking of a joint word flower-arrow that literally translates  பூ-அம்பு
pu-ampu ... I think of using it as a generic name for *Peristylus* spp.

And specifically for *Peristylus lawii* Wight, I am going to use the prefix பனி
pani = dewy, refreshing, soothing

thus பனி பூ-அம்பு pani pu-ampu , a name for *Peristylus lawii* Wight

Please let me know your thoughts on this. I request you to be very liberal
on the language grammar, thus coining names for several other species
*Peristylus* would become easy.

Regards.
Dinesh

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CABSQqC3e6WHTPFL1%2Bu21NQ5d7s1hekoMvVftivHciZPfxv18Bw%40mail.gmail.com
<//links.rediff.com/cgi-bin/red.cgi?red=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fd%2Fmsgid%2Findiantreepix%2FCABSQqC3e6WHTPFL1%252Bu21NQ5d7s1hekoMvVftivHciZPfxv18Bw%2540mail%2Egmail%2Ecom%3Futm%5Fmedium%3Demail%26utm%5Fsource%3Dfooter&isImage=0&BlockImage=0&rediffng=0&rogue=ea397fb35b17203638909e51227bc9862fece018&rdf=VXMGcQVlUjYFNlN+CjgGPwUjXzUBKQ==>
.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/1711647685.S.14504.4116.f4-234-196.drafts.1713344302.5110%40webmail.rediffmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/1711647685.S.14504.4116.f4-234-196.drafts.1713344302.5110%40webmail.rediffmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.