Good, after a lot of brain storming my wild card ID seems validated.
My guess was not too wild. I have observed C. colorata on stone walls
of Sinhagad near Pune. The pecularity of this plant has been that
stamens in some flowers were missing or in some cases the corolla
itself was missing. The fruits get formed inside the calyx without any
corolla. C. dimorphantha is found on Purandar fort. I wonder about
what is dimorphic in the flowers of this sp. I am aware that this
thread has gone far enough but someone can help me sort out some loose
ends. Regards, Shrikant