Gurcharan ji,
   Flora of China mentions Polygonum amplexicaule var. sinense (Syn.:
Bistorta amplexicauis subsp. sinensis),
however, the flowers are supposed to be red. Nowhere does the
description mention white flowers.
  Bistorta amplexicaulis var. amplexicaulis is supposed to have white
to pinkish white flowers. Cannot verify other aspects, as no picture
or sketch is available.
   Regards
   - Tabish