Gurcharan ji,
   I think it is an Echium all right, but probably not Echium vulgare.
Echium vulgare does not have flower spikes so densely flowered. Also,
the stamens in  Echium vulgare protrude out, whereas in your flower
they remain inside the flower cup. One may compare with the picture of
E. vulgare here:
 http://www.missouriplants.com/Bluealt/Echium_vulgare_page.html
   - Tabish