This is T.cordifolia. Very common plant in Karnataka especially Mysore and
Bangalore.

--- On Sat, 6/11/10, mani nair <mani.na...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: mani nair <mani.na...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:53463] 051110PR-2-Bangalore for ID
To: "Vijayasankar" <vijay.botan...@gmail.com>
Cc: "Gurcharan Singh" <singh...@gmail.com>, "Pankaj Kumar"
<sahanipan...@gmail.com>, "Padmini Raghavan" <padi...@gmail.com>,
"indiantreepix" <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>
Date: Saturday, 6 November, 2010, 7:10 AM

Also known by the name Giloy.  It is used in Ayurvedic medicines for increasing
immunity.

Regards,

Mani.

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 3:02 AM, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com> wrote:

Padmini ji, in cross section the stem will be circular in outline and you can
see numerous medullary rays arching from center to periphery, giving a
wheel-like appearance, a characteristc feature of (most of the) Menispermaceae
members.

By looking at the leaf shape, size and glabrous nature (i think it is not
hairy, right?) i am sure it is T. cordifolia. This is common in most of the
gardens in Bangalore. The other species (T. sinensis) is seldom planted here
except in gardens of some research institutions.

Regards

Vijayasankar