The timber is used for rafters; leaf-base fibre is used as brushes, etc
1,20,000litres of toddy is produced by a single tree in its lifetime; ripe
fruits are eaten roasted.

There are as many as *801 *uses are recorded for this Palmyra palm in an old
Tamil song, as quoted by D.J.Mabberley. I would be happier if anyone of you
here knew that Tamil literature.

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow