The names moong and urd and the specific epithets really seem to be creating
confusion. To set the record straight we are discussing here three taxa (let
us forget Phaseolus because most yellow flowered species have now been
shifted to Vigna):

Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper: Black gram, Urad bean, Urad, Harikot mungo, Mash;
leaflets unlobed, fruits thicker, 4-5 cm long, densely covered with lighter
long hairs, seeds dirty green to almost black, hilum surrounded by a raised
rim (aril) (5-10 cm long)

Vigna radiata var. radiata: Golden gram, Green gram, Moog-bean; plants
short, erect,  leaflets unlobed, fruits thinner, 6-9 cm long, sparsely
covered with shorter brownish hairs, seed light green, longer

Vigna radiata var. sublobata: Jarusalem pea, wild moog; plants twinning,
leaflets generally lobed, fruit thinner, 4-6 cm long, sparsely covered with
shorter brownish hairs, seeds light green, shorter.

Neil ji's plant clearly has brownish hairs on pods and some leaflets
slightly lobed: It is surely V. radiata var. sublobata, the wild moog

Balkar ji's plant with pods having thicker pods with longer lighter hairs
should be V. mungo, the urad bean or black gram

Sivaprakash ji's plant  should also be V. mungo, although difficult to say
without fruits.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/