We, a group of nature lovers have decided to start *free* Tree Appreciation
Walks[TAW] in Mumbai.

Our aim is to create awareness and inculcate a love for the trees.

*You are most welcome to join us for our 12th TAW. With this walk we will be
completing one year of TAW & We thank everyone for their support.*

The twelth walk is on *Sunday 13th March 2011                   *

*Venue:  Maharashtra Nature Park*[Nearest railway station is Bandra[wr] and
Sion[cr] ]

              Opposite Dharavi Bus Depot[Following buses halt at MNP[dharavi
bus depot]
11,255,348,355,356,375,448,455,505,476,75,76,165,166,180,181,371,408,473,376]

*Time:  7.30 a.m.*

*Duration of walk:  2 hours*

*Meeting Point*: *Main gate*,  Near the ticket office.

*Maharashtra** Nature Park or simply known as MNP or Mahim Nature Park is a
man made forest in the middle of a vastly polluted and populated stretch.
One side is polluted Mahim creek & Mithi river and other side is Dharavi
slum…Asia’s largest slum. It is built over 5meter deep garbage dump……Now a
14 hectors of verdant realm of forest….epitome of human endeavour.It has
vermiculture and water harvesting facility…so much vermicompost is produced
that it is more than they need! It is birders paradise. It also has
butterfly garden & an Nakshtravan &  **MEDICINAL GARDEN…We will be taking
you to the medicinal garden and showing  you  herbs like Haldi ,Tulsi ,Sabja
,Brahmi…and also rare ones like Roylea elegans. We have already shown
medicinal trees…so truly speaking this walk should be called Herbal  Walk!*

* **We will be providing a fact sheet re uses….so our main concentration
will be in showing a unique feature of the plant so one finds it easy to
identify and remember. *

Attached is the list of the 69 herbs  we shall be showing you. Also a map of
MNP is attached

*Photography is allowed*. You pay for the camera.

                          Please go through the following websites   for
more information http://www.mmrdamumbai.org/projects_mnp.htm

See beautiful photographs of MNP BY Maneesh Goal at his website

http://mybioscope.blogspot.com/2010/07/maharashtra-nature-park-mahim-nature.html

*Hope to see you all*

*Renee,Katie,Sheila,Hutoxi,Usha,Shubhada*