Dear H. S.
A simple rule of ICBN
Principle of Priority is not applicable at different ranks.

The said plant is considered as variety of M. longifolia and as such
earliest trinomial at varietal level is M. longifolia var. latifolia (Roxb.)
A. Chev., 1943. At least no varietal combination under M. longifolia was
available up to 1943, based on M. indica Gmelin

I hope I have been able to present true picture.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/