Dear all:
In Connecticut and neighboring counties in NY this is considered
extremely invasive, and we volunteered three summers to remove them
lock stock and roots from river banks and native woodlands and
conservancies, along with other invasive species... in mid 90s..I
think in this case we had moderate success ... local flora got space
to grow and thrive..
  And YET  in other parts of the country they are still being planted
as ground cover and as ornamental ... go figure !!!

Yet, many of us do love the flowers and paint them, photograph them,
and watch hummingbirds hover....
Usha di
=====