via Species <https://sites.google.com/site/indiannamesofplants/via-species>‎
> ‎H <https://sites.google.com/site/indiannamesofplants/via-species/h>‎ > ‎
*Haplanthodes verticillatus* (Roxb.) R. B. Majumdar
[image: Haplanthodes
verticillatus]<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/5363645471/>

[image: Flowers of
India]<http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Spiny%20Bottle%20Brush.html>[image:
Discussions at
efloraofindia]<https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#%21searchin/indiantreepix/Haplanthodes%20verticillatus>[image:
more views in
flickr]<http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Haplanthodesverticillatus&m=tags&z=m>[image:
more views on Google
Earth]<http://api.flickr.com/services/feeds/geo/india/&tags=Haplanthodesverticillatus&format=kml_nl>

*commonly known as*: spiny bottle
brush<https://sites.google.com/site/indiannamesofplants/via-names/english/spiny-bottle-brush>
 • *Hindi*:
kastula<https://sites.google.com/site/indiannamesofplants/via-names/hindi/kastula>
 • *Marathi*: जकारा jakara
<https://sites.google.com/site/indiannamesofplants/via-names/marathi/jakara-jakara>

*botanical names*: *Haplanthodes verticillatus* (Roxb.) R.B.Majumdar ... *
synonyms*: *Bremekampia verticillata* (Roxb.) Sreem. • *Haplanthus
verticillatus* (Roxb.) Nees • *Justicia verticillata* Roxb. (basionym)

*note*: most of the names are unresolved; an erroneous name *Haplanthodes
verticillata* is also found on internet

Regards.
Dinesh