LOVED YOUR STORY TOO.
When such stories come it is mouth watering most of the times.
Madhuri

--- On Mon, 23/5/11, ushadi Micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: ushadi Micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:70039] Re: Ornamental Tulips from my garden in
Ritterhude
To: "tanay bose" <tanaybos...@gmail.com>
Cc: "Gurcharan Singh" <singh...@gmail.com>, "Dr Pankaj Kumar"
<sahanipan...@gmail.com>, "nabha meghani" <nabha-megh...@gmx.de>,
"efloraofindia" <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>
Date: Monday, 23 May, 2011, 10:30 AM

Dear All: I  have eaten Tulip bulbs, by default... not design... abouty 33+
years ago.. seems like yesterday... one of my mentors' Irish-american sister-in
law along with her family  was a house guest with me in one of the southeast
states, being a hot state, I was forcing bulbs by leaving them in the vegetable
compartment for 4-6 weeks...  when I left them to their own devices in the
home... I thought they would swim, go for  walks etc .... and  eat what was
ready... or use the outside pantry for supplies, never realising that they
would invade dirty paper sacks in the veggie  bean in the bottom of the
refrigerator... when I came home ... I had the delight to taste an "Onion"
pie...since Aunt so&so had discovered "so many onions in my veggie drawer...
this  "onion" just did not have the sting like regular red onions or yellow
onions that were in vogue as edible bulbs".... we ( her children and I ) still
laugh about it when we remember how
 "mom' cooked up all my tulip bulbs, some of which were rare in those days....

I did not know if they would be toxic or not... but all thru the nite and next
morning there no side effects in any of my family or the guests..., we were all
hale and hearty... but I have never cooked up a tulip bulb myself....

So Gurucharanji's story came as a surprise, since each one of the tulip bulb is
at least in the western countries  cost almost as much as a  whole 5 lbs sack
full of good quality cooking onions ....    but there is no telling how
different geographical locale produces different human experience...  loved
your story, Dr. Singh.

Usha di...
=========