A further reply:
"Well, yes, you could be right - for some specimens, but if the sori are a
bit smallish and the frond is folded then they wouldn't often be visible.
When the frond is expanded they can easily be seen from the top side, but
not often when in this dessicated state.  Actually I've tried expanding the
photo to see if one can see anything of the sori from the top surface, but
it looses its focus then.
Anyway - possibilities, possibilities, enough of speculation from me! - as
Botanists we need proof of either possible identity.  Can the collector
please now soak out a fertile frond in water and let it uncurl and expand,
then photograph its underside, and we'll know then which of the two it is!
I'll be happy to change my mind when I see that!
Cheers, CRFJ."

J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)