From: Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>
Sender: indiantreepix@googlegroups.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:15:38
To: efloraofindia<indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [efloraofindia:74395] Please Follow the format for ID

This is for the attention of colleagues sending photographs for ID.
1. Subject line should be unique ID (dd+mm+yyyy+initials+post number for the
day) followed by the place (preferably city) where the plant was
photographed.
2. Exact locality, its altitude should be indicated
3. Habitat where the plant was growing: cultivated, weed of cultivation,
wastelands, roadsides, marshy area, aquatic etc.
4. Habit: Tree, shrub, woody climber, herbaceous climberr, annual herb,
perennial herb, etc.
5. Aproximate height of the plant
6. Insersion of leaves, whether alternate (one at each point), opposite (two
at each point) or whorled (more than two at each point)
7. Aproximate size of middle leaves
8. Flower diameter and length
9. Fruit size

Although some members may find it difficult to provide all details, but they
should try to give maximum possible information.

For better identification the three photographs accompanying should be : a
side view of branch showing clear view of leaves and flowers.; a close up of
flower from the side to show bracts, calyx and corolla; a top close up of
flower to show stamens and style/s.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/