Dear friends
I think these differences are not significant when we realise that all
modern books and databases including GRIN and The Plant List treat M.
exotica L. (as well as M. exotica DC.) is treated as synonym of M.
paniculata. Except from shape of fruit and other minor differences there is
nothing to warrant treating exotica as an independent species.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/