Satish ji,

In Oroxylum the perfect stamens are 4 and the fifth stamen is shorter.
Pls look at the inflorescence of Oroxylum, the buds are very crowded.
The fallen corolla that shows 8 stamens also shows 8 corolla lobes
which are usually 5. In "Pune" flower 2 corollas seem to be fused to
give 8 lobes/stamens and the 2 lobes/reduced stamens seem to be
absent. This abnormality can be seen in some other flowers as well.
Oroxylum is pollinated by small bats hence the flowers bear foul smell
of over-ripe jackfruit, the bee seen near the style (left after the
corolla is fallen by bats) seems just a visitor. The colour variation
from white, yellow, pink to purple can be seen on night blooming
Oroxylum flowers. Regards, Shrikant