Yes,  Kanakchampa...  Pterospermum acerifolium ...

used to be a popular street tree in Calcutta...
until  very cheap Gulmohar  nursery stock took over  (which used to
sell for as low as ONE  indian rupee per 3 foot nursery stock, if one
wanted  it for street planting) ...!!!

Flowers from Mature trees fill the air with sweet smell for a couple
of weeks....
Usha di
=====