Thanks Dr. Neil for the response.
Just thought of sharing some facts...for those who may be interested...

* It is a monotypic genus (meaning...the genus *Oroxylum *is represented by
only a single species in the world and it is *O. indicum*)
* It is a Red Listed Species (the species is facing risk owing to
over-harvesting and habitat loss)
* Though distributed across India, it is sporadic in nature and only
solitary or few trees seen here and there. but only recently we, from FRLHT,
found a large population (in thousands :) in the central Indian region.
* we all know it is one of the ten ingredients (roots) in the 'dasamoola
arishtam', an ayurvedic formulation.
* young pods are cooked and eaten as vegetable in Manipur (may be in other
NE Indian states, too), and are sold in vegetable markets here...

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi