Cyperus difformis and C. fuscus are two distinct species, recognised by all
prominent Floras

This plant is C. difformis, characterised by globose heads of more than 40
spikes

C. fuscus has much fewer spreading spikes

http://australian-insects.com/lepidoptera/plants/cype/cyperus-difformis.jpg

http://luirig.altervista.org/cpm/albums/bot-hawaii10/04797-Cyperus-difformis.jpg

http://luirig.altervista.org/cpm/displayimage.php?album=41&pos=3897

http://www.efloras.org/object_page.aspx?object_id=44822&flora_id=5