Hurray, Bhagya shri ji : you have the perfect presentation...
completely correct...

Yes a colocasia...
in bengali one of the varietie is called  "ol kochu"... , the tubers
are eaten as a substitute for potatoe..  cooked the ame way
Just plant the tubers when ripe and you get these kind a leaves..
Usha di