From: Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:76987] Re: efloraofindia 786543 Passion flower
creeper at PUNE
To: "Mahadeswara" <swamy.c...@gmail.com>
Cc: "efloraofindia" <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>
Date: Sunday, 14 August, 2011, 11:31 AM

Till today I was under the impression that Passion flower is only of blue
colour as I had seen only blue passion flower. But today I learned to my
surprise that it is also whitish and red in colour.  I have always wondered why
does the same flower have different colours other eg.  like Hibiscus, Rose Any
explanation?

I also want to share some interesting info I came across about Krishna kamal/
Passion flower
So, long story behind the name Krishna Kamal. There are (apparently)
a 100 of those blue petals - one for each of the Kauravas, and 5 of the green
ones in the centre - one for each of the Pandavas. The green bulb in the centre
symbolises the Pandava queen Draupadi, and the three filaments are for the holy
trinity of Brahma-Vishnu-Shiv. AND the white radial in the centre is the
Sudarshan chakra of Lord Krishna.

Bhagyashri