It may be 'Asparagus springeri' an ornamental plant, having its root
length only up to 2-3 inches, While in A. racemosus it seems to be up
to 2 ft long. Flowers and fruits in the picture also indicates towards
the asparagus springeri. And it is not used as medicine. Only
A.racemosus and some time A. africanum( Wild)  roots are used as
medicine in Ayurveda.
Other information always welcome.
Regards,
Dr.Kadus Arvind,Pune.