It appears to be Nauclea purpurea Roxb. (Nauclea elliptica Bedd.)
Usually seen along the perennial stream and rivers with rocky exposure
in the western Ghats (not very common).
The inflorescence  is blackish when very young, later changes to green
(we can see in the photograph) and appears as above when bloom.

It is very distinct from Nauclea missionis Wall. (Nauclea elliptica
Dalz.) a red listed plant.
-Divakar Mesta