The plant is a partial parasite and can not be grown in soil. It can
not grow on even a guava tree because it needs cracked bark to hold
and penetrate in to the rind. It can be made to grow on Bottle Brush,
Cork Tree, Parijatak, Acacias and many other trees. Give an account of
all the trees in your garden to choose a suitable one. You can just
pick ripe berries from under the Dendrophthoe plant and purge them to
attach the sticky seed on to the bark. You can also collect such seeds
ejected by the Flowerpeckers from their favourite perches. Wish you
good luck. Regards, Shrikant