Nice photographs and introduction to Frerea. Frerea is phylogenetically
linked to Carallumas of India. You can call it a leafy Caralluma. Meve and
Liede (2002) have synonmized Frerea indica as Boucerocia indica based on DNA
data. It is close to Boucerocia a clade of Carallumas with umbellate
infloresences. Some authors have also synonmized it as Caralluma indica.

Sid.