Dear colleagues
We are often handicapped because no reliable keys are available for most
genera in India. The BSI publications are available for few families, and
that too not easily available. It has been suggested by Balkar ji to have
our own keys for as many genera. We already have key for identification all
Indian Genera of Solanaceae and a Key to all species of Solanum. Recently
key for Acmella was prepared and uploaded. We have incomplete keys for
Ocimum, Phyllanthus, Eranthemumetc. I request different experts to prepare
these keys and either directly upload or send to the forum for improvement
and subsequent upload.
   The keys may be prepared in bracketed (parallel) pattern.
I would request different experts (they can be non-botanists also, they can
even help in making it simpler-Dinesh ji helped me in simplifying Solanum
key). You may please choose any genus, email a list of of Indian species you
know. Other members will suggest additional species that are missed out and
then the key can be prepared.
   I hope we have two self-selected Mayur ji for Commelinaceae and Ritesh ji
for Plygonaceae. Pankaj ji may have a begining by starting with a small
genus or Orchidaceae. Whole Orchidaceae is too much to ask for.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/