Dear Sandhya,

Would you please let me know the altitude at which you have photographed
this plant. At lease place name, I shall get the altitude.
I think it is on the way to the dam site! Am I correct?

It is most probably *Litsea floribunda* to me.
refer@ http://www.biotik.org/india/species/l/litsflor/litsflor_en.html for *L.
floribunda*

and for *L. wightiana *
http://www.biotik.org/india/species/l/litswigh/litswigh_en.html