Dear All:

Its closing in on the closing of year 2011, and here I am doing a pleasant
job... announcing winners...
one more set of winners are Mr. Dinesh Valke and Mr. Prasad Dash.  They
share the honors of being the *RUNNERS UP jointly in the category of Best
Photographer of the year 2011*

Prasad ji is an ecologist in Orissa, I have just written about his vocation
in an earlier post.  He has recently sent in a remarkable number of
wonderful photographs and has won many nominations.

Dineshji  is one of the oldest members of the group only second to the
starter Mr. Garg I think.  But that's   not what impresses me... what comes
across is that being a non-botanist his knowledge of plants is vast and
much varied and that he loves plants flowers fruits and would go to any
length to photograph them... we also know his labor of love for the
vernacular names of the plants... as we Indians know we have a plethora of
often very widely different names for the same plant... his pictures are
technically superb and show the id of the plant precisely.

Congratulations, Dinesh ji and Prasad ji..

Please enjoy the new year and wish us all a very hearty new year.

Usha di
=========