Its not a compulsion. I saw illustrations of Paphiopedilums in their
sketches in the monastry, but they didnt allow me to take picture :(.
Sometimes, the Pipa is depicted without any illustration on the body.
But for sure Cymbidiums are one of the frequently used plant in the
illustrations. They are also considered medicinal I assume. If you
type, "chinese orchid illustrations" maximum of them are Cymbidiums.
Pankaj