Yes this is *Olea dioica. *It is flowering now in Kerala as well.
But it may no be treated as true indicator of evergreen forest, as Rajesh
ji pointed out, though the plant is evergreen. The species is seen in moist
deciduous, semi-evergreen, and forest edges. Sometimes you even see this
species grow as a solitary tree in the grassland as well.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD