I do not think it is Licula grandis either.Promila
 Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 18:13:49 +0530
Subject: Fwd: [efloraofindia:84140] efloraofindia:''For Id 28092011MR1’’ fan
shaped palm Pune
From: jmga...@gmail.com
To: indiantreepix@googlegroups.com
CC: le...@rediffmail.com; balkara...@gmail.com; hsb...@gmail.com;
swamy.c...@gmail.com; tanaybos...@gmail.com; giby.kuriak...@gmail.com;
itii...@gmail.com; dinesh.va...@gmail.com; mani.na...@gmail.com;
tabi...@gmail.com; jnurs...@gmail.com; landdes...@hotmail.com;
microminipho...@gmail.com; ajinkyagad...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:
“I think Borassus leaves dont have spines on the petiole. I may be wrong though.

This should be Livistonia chinensis.
Pankaj”

“I think this is Livistonia chinensis, as Pankaj suggested.

Regards,
Giby”

“This is not Livistonia chinensis. Leaves have a  very long tapering end
(downy)” from Mahadeswara ji.

"Mahadeshwara sir, That is not a character for identification of Livistonia.
The ends of leaves can bend down in scarcity of water I
assume.
This cant be Bismarckia as the color of leaf is different.

Wwashingtonia is another option but it is not so popular in Indian gardens.
Pankaj"

"I suppose  Livistonia chinensis" Balkar ji.

"Can this be
Licuala grandis  Ruffled fan palm
http://philippinegarden.com/html/gallery/gallery_ll.html#3
Regards