On Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:56:28 PM UTC-4, Gurcharan Singh wrote:

> Rathinasabapathy ji
> It would be useful if you can share more photographs of leaves. Yellow
> corolla throat and few leaves seen being unlobed suggests this to be I.
> rubriflora (syn: I. coccinea).
>

> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> http://www.gurcharanfamily.com/ - tracked<http://www.gurcharanfamily.com/>
>
> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ -
> tracked<http://people.du.ac.in/%7Esinghg45/>
>

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 9:55 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> The salverform corolla is nicely captured.
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Rathinasabapathy Bhuva... (Google Docs)
>> <brspa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  I've shared Convolvula​ceae Week :: Ipomoea hederifoli​a from
>>> Coimbatore<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hqW3JTwY_T-OfSVlYMnqIONv2jcx4zo_l76gHrDi-Wg/edit>
>>>  -
>>> tracked<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hqW3JTwY_T-OfSVlYMnqIONv2jcx4zo_l76gHrDi-Wg/edit>
>>>
>>>  Click to open:
>>>
>>>    - Convolvula​ceae Week :: Ipomoea hederifoli​a from
>>> Coimbatore<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hqW3JTwY_T-OfSVlYMnqIONv2jcx4zo_l76gHrDi-Wg/edit>
>>>     -
>>> tracked<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hqW3JTwY_T-OfSVlYMnqIONv2jcx4zo_l76gHrDi-Wg/edit>
>>>

>>> Google Docs makes it easy to create, store and share online documents,
>>> spreadsheets and presentations.
>>> [image: Logo for Google Docs] <https://docs.google.com> -
>>> tracked<https://docs.google.com>
>>>

>> --
>> Dr Satish Phadke

Hello,

   The most important feature to capture for Ipomoea hederifolia to
differentiate from Ipomoea coccinea is the calyx of the fruit in various
stages...

The leaves on both Ipomoea hederifolia and Ipomoea coccinea can mimic each
other ( I know because I have grown enough of them myself) but the pedicels
of Ipomoea hederifolia always remain erect while the pedicels of Ipomoea
coccinea reflex...

So, in my experience trying to differentiate Ipomoea hederifolia from
Ipomoea coccinea using any other part except the calyx and pedicel will
lead you astray...

regards,

Ron